NAMI Florida defines the Consumer as a person diagnosed with mental illness who has joined our organization. We seek to enhance their wellness and participation, as their abilities allow, to fulfill the mission of the Consumer Council and fight the devastation of mental illness.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of individuals and their families affected by mental illness through education, support, and advocacy.
Consumer Council Volunteer Involvement
- Working actively to support the mission of NAMI Florida.
- Advocating to preserve the respect, dignity, and human rights for all persons affected by mental illness.
- Advising the NAMI Florida Board concerning the perspectives of consumer members.
- Empowering and educating consumers of mental health services to address the issues of care, treatment, services, mutual support and consumer rights.
- Maintain a productive and accountable Consumer Council.
Benefits of Being NAMI Florida Consumers
- Keep yourself updated on issues that affect your life and wellness.
- Participate in programs and training to help yourself and others.
- Give yourself an opportunity to become a leader in the community.
- Unite with others to give a voice and a face to mental illness.
- Have support and encouragement from our state and national organization.
Do You Want To Stay Informed?
The NAMI Florida sponsors a group e-mail system ("Listserv") for the purpose of allowing communication among Florida Consumer Council members for education, advocacy, and support. For more information or to subscribe to this group, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 850-671-4445.