NAMI Florida Presents ‘All Together Now’ Virtual Speaker Series!
Register here for the NAMI FL 2020 Virtual Speaker Series Saturday, 10 am to 1 pm, September 12, October 10, November 14, 2020, January 9 and February 13, 2021
“All Together Now”
The next National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Florida All Together Now Virtual Speaker Series is January 9, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Once you are registered for the series, you can access the September, October and November Speaker Series recordings.. You will need the user name and password to log in. We encourage you to view The Definition of Insanity, a PBS produced documentary prior to viewing the October session. The NAMI Florida All Together Now Virtual Speaker Series is a five part series. Industry experts discussing hot topics in mental health, embracing the state alliance’s mission of providing education, advocacy and support groups for people with mental illness and their loved ones.
Saturday, January 9, 2021 “Improving Care For The Serious Mental Illness Population”
- Supportive Housing Initiatives in the State of Florida – Carole Matyas, Vice President, Behavioral Health Operations, WellCare and Karen Koch, Executive Director, Florida Supportive Housing Coalition
- Behavioral Health Homes and Improving Medical Care For the SMI Population Using Quality Metrics – Jay Reeve, PhD, CEO, Apalachee Center
- Reducing Potentially Preventable Events – Marc Rivo, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Quality Medical Consultants (QMC)
Saturday, February, 13 2021 “Ask The Expert”
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You? – Stephanie Loomer, Project Manager, Research Services, Center for Information & Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP)
- Transmagnetic Stimulation (TMS) in the treatment of mental illness- Walter Griffith, Jr, MD, Private Practice
- New Pharmacotherapies – David Scheiderer, MD, Integrative Psychiatry, Inc.
- What is EMDR? – Donna Rininger, Director of Specialty Services, Peace River Center
- Long-acting Injectables – Soheyla Mahdavian, PharmD, BCGP, TTS, Associate Professor, FAMU College of Pharmacy