For Affiliate Program Coordinators
The cornerstone of the NAMI organization is its signature support groups, classes, and presentations that reduce the stigma around mental illness and help individuals and families facing mental health challenges. It is NAMI Florida’s goal to empower its statewide affiliates to build capacity for more of these programs to flourish locally.
The NAMI Florida Education Committee reviews and approves all NAMI State Trainer Signature Programs.
Approval Process for Sponsoring Affiliates:
- Affiliates interested in sponsoring a training should first review NAMI’s 2019 Signature Program Operating Polices to ensure training compliance for their programs, trainers, teachers, facilitators and presenters. Please note on page 12 that, “All trainings must be reported to NAMI through the online data reporting system [by the state office] six weeks prior to the training.”
- If your affiliate is interested in sponsoring a signature program, please connect to the linked application form below.
- Your submission will automatically be forwarded to the members of the Education Committee. You will be notified by the NAMI Florida Program Director of the approval decision.
- Trainers for the courses must have completed the national training course and have maintained membership with NAMI National.
- A current list of 2019 certified trainers is maintained by the NAMI Florida office and available to affiliates by sending a request to Programs@namiflorida.org. This list will be updated as new trainers are added.
The following affiliate sponsored trainings have been approved for 2019
We expect to add to this list as new trainings are approved. If a course is available to outside affiliates, the fee listed is determined by the sponsoring affiliate and usually includes materials and meals. Affiliates should contact the individuals listed for additional information and to register members for trainings.
|Date||Signature Program||Affiliate||Contact||Outside Affiliate Fee|
|Feb 1-2||NAMI Connection||NAMI Okaloosa and Walton||Denise Levy
|$75 for supplies, snacks and lunch|
|Feb 22-23||NAMI Family Support Group||NAMI Tallahassee||Nancy O’Farrell
|Apr 4||NAMI In Our Own Voice||NAMI Tallahassee||Nancy O’Farrell
2019 NAMI National Education Hall of Fame recognized people who dedicated themselves to leading NAMI classes, presentations, support groups or trainings. In 2019, sixteen NAMI members received gold awards for their leadership in classes, presentations and support groups. Another eight members received silver awards. Below are the requirements by program:
- Classes (NAMI Homefront, Basics, Family-to-Family, Peer-to-Peer, Provider)
- Silver: 10+ classes
- Gold: 20+ classes
- Presentations (NAMI Ending the Silence, NAMI In Our Own Voice)
- Silver: 30+ presentations
- Gold: 60+ presentations
- Support groups (NAMI Connection, NAMI Family Support Group)
- Silver: 2+ years facilitating
- Gold: 5+ years facilitating
- State Trainers (All programs)
- Silver: 10+ trainings per program
- Gold: 20+ trainings per program
Navigating a Mental Health Crisis: A NAMI Resource Guide for Those Experiencing a Mental Health Emergency –Crisis Guide—provides important, potentially life-saving information for people affected by mental illness. Available for download at www.nami.org/crisisguide
Five infographic/fact sheets designed to be printed as one pagers for resource tables, health fairs, community presentations, etc. Available for download at www.nami.org/crisisguide
Circle of Care: A Guidebook for Mental Health Caregivers – Available for download at https://www.caregiving.org/circleofcare/